Here are 6 natural cleaning products that you can make and use, in your own home.
Each of the products below can be easily made in advance, and then put into a Gyre and Gymble trigger sprays or storage jar and bottles ready to use just like you would with normal supermarket-bought products.
And not only is it natural and safe, it is super easy! Can you pour a glass of wine or make a cup of tea? If you can, then you can easily mix these products and know your home will be healthier for it.
These are the products that you are most likely to reach for each day:
1. General surface spray
Use this to clean the table, wipe down the kitchen work surface, or any surface that needs a quick once over. It is gentle and works very well.
- 50/50 Castile soap and water
- 10 drops essential oil (lemon or eucalyptus recommended)
Pour the mixture into one of the Gyre and Gymble trigger sprays, and use as needed. You can also add a peel of lemon zest to boost the citrus aroma.
2. Sink dish washing liquid
50/50 Castile soap and water
- 10 drops essential essential oil (lemon recommended)
Pour into into bottle give a gentle swirl and place next to the sink ready to use.
3. Floor cleaner
Just use the dish washing liquid you made above, and add to a bucket of hot water. Add some extra essential oils to boot the aroma to your taste.
4. Window, glass, mirror cleaner
50/50 water and vinegar
5. Gentle scrub
- If you are feeling adventurous, you can add all sorts of things like dried lemon or lime zest, but the bicarb soda is the active cleaning agent.
Have the bicarb soda within easy reach near the sink. Just put a spoonful on the surface, then wipe with a wet cloth. For extra scrubbing power add some vinegar.
6. Bathroom spray
This can be used in the shower and bath, and around the toilet. It will keep the area clean without using bleach or harsh chemicals.
- 80% vinegar / 20% water in a spray bottle (remember: only ever use glass or plastic for vinegar)
Follow the cleaning with a spray from your Gyre and Gymble room spray mixed with your favourite essential oil. Note the vinegar smell will totally disappear once the surface is dry. Keep your bathroom well ventilated to minimise mould growth.
Why use these products rather than something from the shops?
There are a number of reasons to use Gyre and Gymble products, such as:
- they are cheaper in the long run than supermarket bought chemicals
- you are helping the environment by reducing the amount of harsh chemicals entering the water supply
- you can throw away all of the ugly plastic containers to reduce clutter
- they look lovely!
At Gyre and Gymble we have made it really easy to use safe and natural cleaning products, allowing you to avoid the harsh and unnecessary chemicals in supermarket bought cleaning products.