Clean pet beds means less awful smells in your home. And remember, what might be good for your clothes, is not always best for your dog as they have such an acute sense of smell.
- Bicarb soda
- Multi-surface cleaner
- Fragrance-free washing soap/powder
What you need to do is:
- Clean the bedding at least once a week
- Wash in hot water if possible, but follow the fabric instructions
- Add a fragrance-free washing soap/powder
- Add a cup of distilled white vinegar, which will work as a natural fabric softener
- Dry outside or in the drier, but ensure the bedding is absolutely dry before it is put back in place
While the bedding is being washed, wipe down the bed (if plastic) with our multi-surface spray and then leave to dry. For any part of the bedding that is not able to be removed you can add a good sprinkle of bicarb soda, while the dog is outside or away from the bedding area. Leave the bicarb soda in place to absorb the smells for half, and hour and then vacuum up.